| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine Business Office. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs the task of ensuring the accuracy of registration and insurance plan/fsc information of patient accounts. Position obtains test and procedure authorizations, as well as physician visit referrals. This position requires heavy call volume to insurance companies, third party administrators, physician offices, and employers to verify eligibility, obtain referrals and authorizations, and to obtain specific benefit information pertaining to oncology visits.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work Ecommerce responses for both grouped and real time applications on daily basis.
- Work eligibility and/or referral pre-arrival alerts in Alerts Manager
- Coordinate, obtain, and accurately document and communicate referrals and authorizations
- Accurately convert Generic Plans into P plans on daily basis.
- Accurately assign a Fsc/Plan or ascertain integrity of existing plan/fsc.
- Contact Payer/ TPA by phone regarding eligibility.
- Contact Payer/TPA by phone to complete a worksheet for benefits pertaining to Oncology visits/treatments.
- Contact patients when necessary to discuss self-pay status, non-contracted plans, and financial options. Refer patients to financial counselors.
- Access BJH system and various web sites for insurance/eligibility information.
- Work edits in TES and ETM for registration issues/edits.
- Identify registration issues related to visits and invoices.
- Supports clinical areas for questions regarding registration and plan selection.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Equivalent of High School diploma with 2 to 3 years of experience in medical collection setting.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of both Washington University’s FSC database and insurance terminology relating to plan options and benefits.
- Applicant should be detail oriented and possess problem solving skills pertaining to the identification of insurance issues at registration, visit, tes, and invoice levels.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and computers.
- Must have organization and communication skills that require discretion with confidential information.
- This person must be able to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, have knowledge of medical terminology, and is capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $14.95 - $18.31 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.