| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Business Office. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position performs varied professional services to ensure medical/surgical and diagnostic/ancillary services are accomplished in an efficient manner and that reimbursement is maximized through required interaction with third party payers.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates and facilities predetermination process.
- Contacts appropriate insurance companies for benefit verification and pre-certification of procedures and testing. Supplies all documentation required during pre-certification process to insurance companies.
- Documents when pre-certification is received from insurance companies and maintains open communication with physicians and their assistants regarding concerns or when physician involvement in needed.
- Maintains precertification template in patient chart, if applicable. Notifies hospital Utilization/Billing Department of pre-certification.
- Update patient account with recent demographic information and insurance eligibility, when applicable.
High school diploma; 3 to 5 years of experience in a medical office setting
- Some college or Associates degree.
- RHIT and/or CPC certification, coding experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience interacting with managed care plans, insurance companies and third party payers.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers including physicians, nurses, patients and families.
- Thorough understanding of both Washington University FSC database and insurance terminology.
The hiring range for this position is $17.74 - $22.17 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C08.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.