| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Business Office. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position reviews medical record documentation to determine appropriate billing codes and necessary documentation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews the documentation in the record to identify all pertinent facts necessary to select the comprehensive diagnoses and procedures that fully describe the patients conditions and treatment
- Codes evaluation and management to appropriate CPT code and codes diagnosis to appropriate ICD-9 code
- Meets with physicians to review documentation, resolve coding, and secure signature of all unsigned dates of service, tagging files for follow up
- Acts as lead person and assists coders with IBC staff with medical terminology and policy interpretation as required
- Assists with efforts to increase physician awareness of documentation requirements
- Prepares case reports and initiates follow-up for billing process
- Must have one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCA, CCS, or CCS-P); AAPC (CPC, CPC-A, CPC-H, CPC-H-A, or one of the AAPC specialty-specific coding credentials (the specialty-specific credential is only valid for that employee’s department)
- The RHIT or RHIA (or eligible) certification in health information management may be recognized in lieu of a coding credential and does not require experience
- Previous coding experience or experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in a related field
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and related computer systems; knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
The hiring range for this position is $19.65 - $24.56 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C09.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.