| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of the Internal Medicine Business Office. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs follow-up insurance billing and collection activities on a minimum of 30 claims per day; makes collection calls, verifying accuracy and completeness of claims, contacts insurance companies and collection agencies in regard to expediting payments from various payers for physician’s services
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs collection follow-up duties on specific financial classifications such as commercial insurance, self-pay, Medicare and Medicaid claims
- Makes collection calls to insurance companies and patients to ensure timely payment of claims
- Reviews remittance advises for rejection and accuracy of payment amounts
- Verifies accuracy and completeness of charge tickets, monitors attachments for claims to obtain maximum reimbursement
- Contacts insurance companies regarding posting payments and collection agencies regarding payment reports
- Responds to questions and requests from insurance companies
- Supports customer service unit in answering billing and collection questions
- Acts as back-up support for Accounts/Receivable staff during peak times, vacations/illnesses
- Assists with training of co-workers
Equivalent of High School diploma with 2 to 3 years of experience in medical collection setting.
Working knowledge of computers, general office equipment, telephone console, medical terminology, collection techniques and communication skills that involve dealing with confidential information.
The hiring range for this position is $15.24 - $18.68 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.