Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
4 Year Degree
Internal Number: 4588
The current CFO will be retiring 6/30/2023. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing district with a very dynamic staff and highly performing schools. Of the District's nine schools, six are rated Excelling and three are rated Highly Performing.
1. Supervise district financial affairs, including handling of all funds, accounting, budgeting, payroll, accounts payable, purchasing, risk retention, property management, inventory, and disposal, and ensure compliance with the USFR.
2. Supervise the planning and operation of the student transportation system, including the transporting of special education students.
3. Assume responsibility for the planning, management, and operations of district facilities, maintenance, construction, and groundskeeping.
4. Assume responsibility for the operation of the district’s automated timekeeping and payroll, financial and accounting, and student information systems.
5. Assume responsibility for the planning and operation of the district’s Support Services.
6. Assume responsibility for the planning and operation of the district’s Child Nutrition program.
7. Prepare and administer the annual district budget and related reports consistent with all laws and regulations.
8. Prepare and coordinate bond and budget override election planning consistent with all laws and regulations.
9. Assume responsibility for the district’s capital projects, including strategic planning, financing, design, and construction.
10. Compute tax levies and tax rates.
11. Prepare demographic data for the district, including student enrollment growth projections, and determine facilities and staffing needs.
12. Acquire land needed for future growth.
13. Work with home developers on providing financial support for infrastructure costs associated with growth.
14. Provides support for the management of the district’s three trusts, including the management of appropriate cash balances in each.
15. Maintain awareness of all sources of revenue and legislative events that affect the school district.
16. Direct purchases of all supplies, materials, and equipment in keeping with the budget and procurement rules.
17. Assume responsibility for records retention and disposal procedures.
18. Serve as Student Activities Fund treasurer and ensure proper handling of all cash receipts.
19. Organize and direct staff development programs aimed at increasing the skills and performance of business, custodial, maintenance, and facilities staff.
20. Prepare regular financial reports for the Governing Board.
21. Submit regular administrative reports to the Superintendent on the operations of all areas of Business Services.
22. Arrange for the annual audits in accordance with state and federal requirements.
23. Maintain an up-to-date inventory of school property and be responsible for property management.
24. Complete applications for state and federal funds.
25. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals as required.
26. Have knowledge of applicable technology tools and software, including spreadsheet software and word processing software.
27. Continue to grow professionally through appropriate staff development opportunities.
28. Participates in community, school, and district meetings and organizations as appropriate or assigned.
29. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in educational management, business management, or accounting. Prefer a Master’s degree in a related field of study or CPA certification. Prefer three + years of experience in school business finance and/or school operations. Must be knowledgeable of the laws and regulations of school budgeting, accounting, procurement, and insurance.
Nestled between the South Mountain Range and the Estrella Mountains in the southwest valley of Phoenix, AZ, the Laveen Elementary School District is in a growing community. Laveen serves almost 8,000 students in Grades preschool through eighth across ten schools.
ASBO International relies on our strategic partners to support our mission to lead the profession of school business forward. Because of this, ASBO works with partners to bring our members the latest resources, offers, and solutions for their business needs. Click to learn more about how our partners can help you as an ASBO member.