Accounting Assistant, Athletics Business Office (4064)
Northern Illinois University
Location: DeKalb, Illinois
Internal Number: 71344
Full-Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Northern Illinois University Intercollegiate Athletics is hiring an Accounting Assistant for the Athletics Business Office. This position is full-time with benefits and will report directly to the Associate Athletic Director for the Athletics Business Office (ABO).
Under the general supervision of the Associate Athletic Director, this position will maintain fiscal records, process-related paperwork and assist in compiling reports for assigned areas and cost centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for quarterly reconciliation of assigned sports budgets; examines accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards; includes quarterly meetings with assigned sports/units supervisor/head coach, sport administrator, Associate AD/ABO, and the Sr. Associate AD/HR and Finance Administration;
Responsible for Purchase Order submissions for assigned sports/units.
Liaison to Accounts Payable, Procurement, and Office of General Council as required for assigned sports/units;
Responsible for OnBase invoice processing of assigned sports/units to include PO submissions, department approvals, and payment processing;
Oversee management and upkeep of Access database entries for assigned sports/units;
Responsible for travel expense reimbursements, to include the review of submissions and executing the sign off process;
Oversight of monthly PCard reconciliations of assigned sports/units;
Responsible for camp reconciliations for assigned sports;
Other duties as assigned to include filing, cash handling of $1,000 – $5,000 monthly and greeting office patrons.
Specialty Factors (Civil Service):
Minimum Required Qualifications (Civil Service):
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Any one or combination totaling one (1) year (12 months) from the categories below A. Course work in accounting, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
6 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
B. Course work in any discipline as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
C. Work experience in bookkeeping, office support, or closely related experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications (SPS):
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications; position includes a robust benefits package
1. Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position; however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience. Important:Please upload any unofficial transcript(s) and/or documentation that verifies any education, experience, and/or training you have received.
If eligible for Veteran's Preference Points, DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting an Honorable DischargeMUST be uploaded to this application to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination.
2. After the posting has closed, your submission will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the classification, including any specialty factors associated with this position. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register.
3. Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application. Emails will be generated from firstname.lastname@example.org and CivilServiceTesting@niu.edu. Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely delivery of any future communication.
4. Applicants must be a current citizen or a resident of the State of Illinois to move forward in the hiring process.
Credentials Assessment Examination:
ALLQUALIFIEDCANDIDATESWILL BE SCHEDULED TO COME TO THENIUDEKALBCAMPUS TO TAKE A STATEUNIVERSITIESCIVILSERVICEEXAMINATION. At the time of testing, you will be required to present a photo ID. NOTE: If you have previously tested for this classification and wish to rewrite the exam to improve your score and register position, please contact CivilServiceTesting@niu.edu, with the subject line Accounting Officer 316, by the posting deadline
Required documentation noted in the posting, such as a driver's license, licensures, or certifications MUST be uploaded with your application materials.
After assessment of all qualified applicants has been completed for this position, the names with the top three (3) scores will be referred to the hiring department for interview.
Click on Accounting Assistant for more information including salary ranges, typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing requirements.
Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
EEO Statement Summary:
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator Health Services 230 TitleIXCoordinator@niu.edu 815-753-5560
Northern Illinois University's vision is to be an engine for innovation to advance social mobility; promote personal, professional and intellectual growth; and transform the world through research, artistry, teaching and outreach.The mission of Northern Illinois University is to empower students through educational excellence and experiential learning as we pursue knowledge, share our research and artistry, and engage communities for the benefit of the region, state, nation and world.
ASBO International relies on our strategic partners to support our mission to lead the profession of school business forward. Because of this, ASBO works with partners to bring our members the latest resources, offers, and solutions for their business needs. Click to learn more about how our partners can help you as an ASBO member.